Barrell Private Release Rye 1S10 Sauternes r/Bourbon Private Selection
This product is currently sold out.
Barrell Private Release Rye 1S10 Sauternes Finished Rye r/Bourbon Private Selection
- ABV: 57.54% ABV
- Age: NAS
- State of Distillation: Indiana & Canada
- Bottling State: Kentucky, USA (Barrell)
- Info: Cask Strength, Unfiltered, No Additives, No Coloring
- Labeling: Customized r/Bourbon Badge
- Tasting Notes: Rye spice drives the show once again, picking up loads of extra wine character along the way. Black tea, apple butter, sweet pear and beautiful honey, delicate creme brulee and flaky pastry drift by on the nose. Sauternes contributes impressive viscosity to the palate, complementing the savory and spice character of the rye. It's easy drinking, full of pear and apple, creme brulee and caramelized sugar, and a continued sweet tea note. Palate is long and rich, giving up some sweetness in favor of oak, pepper and luscious rye. Our first Sauternes cask leaned heavy on rye, this cask leans heavier on Sauternes, sacrificing some ABV proof points in favor of extra wine, viscosity and opulence.