Driftless Glen #2782 7yr Single Barrel Rye Whiskey r/Bourbon Private Selection
This product is currently sold out.
- ABV: 61% ABV
- Age: 7 Years
- State of Distillation: Wisconsin, USA (Driftless Glen)
- Bottling State: Wisconsin, USA (Driftless Glen)
- Mashbill: 60% Rye, 20% Caramel Malt, 20% Malt
- Info: Cask Strength, Unfiltered, No Additives, No Coloring
Yield: 132 Bottles
- Tasting Notes: Fabulous, funky, rich, this rye from Driftless marries beautiful oak, complex rye spice and a fat, creamy, sweetness with a touch of espresso. The nose is all sweetness and rich maple at first, giving way to a silky, viscous palate. It's almost scary just how well these drink for 60% ABV, the palate is laded with rich, funky rye notes: tobacco, cracked pepper, orange peel, a hint of maple, touch of cherry and blackberry, a pop of clove. The finish is long, the espresso pops here combining oak, baking spice, maple, funky rye and barrel char. Just lovely.