Driftless Glen Exclusive Cask Series: Pineaues des Charantes I Single Barrel Bourbon r/Bourbon Private Barrel Selection
This product is currently sold out.
This experimental project is incredible because it means our program gets to enjoy casks that don't exist elsewhere in their portfolio or are available any other way. Our row of experimental cask releases stand alone and are also the first of these types the brand has ever done. After meticulous tasting and QC'ing, the next two are ready and are available today.
The Exclusive Cask Series is comprised of this collection of releases, available to no other groups or societies. Built from the ground up for r/bourbon, hand selected by t8ke.
- ABV: 59% ABV
- Age: 4 Years 6 Months Initial Aging 53 Gallon New Charred American Oak, 270 Days Pineau de Charantes Finish
- State of Distillation: Wisconsin, USA (Driftless Glen)
- Mashbill: 60% Corn, 20% Rye, 20% Malted Barley
- Info: Cask Strength, Unfiltered, No Additives, No Coloring
Labeling: Custom r/Bourbon Labeling On Bottle
- Tasting Notes: Butter cream and barrel char greet you on the nose, full of caramel, pound cake, nougat and a touch of tobacco. The Pineau influence is evident through a developed structure of rich berry: currant, blackberry, dark morello cherries and some faint espresso and cocoa. The palate is viscous and rich, short of syrupy but plenty of viscous character to spread across the palate. Long finish that integrates char, cream and deep, dark blackberries. Delectable.