Driftless Glen Exclusive Cask Series: Sauternes II Single Barrel Bourbon r/Bourbon Private Barrel Selection
This product is currently sold out.
This experimental project is incredible because it means our program gets to enjoy casks that don't exist elsewhere in their portfolio or are available any other way. Our row of experimental cask releases stand alone and are also the first of these types the brand has ever done. After meticulous tasting and QC'ing, the next two are ready and are available today.
The Exclusive Cask Series is comprised of this collection of releases, available to no other groups or societies. Built from the ground up for r/bourbon, hand selected by t8ke.
- ABV: 53% ABV
- Age: 4 Years 6 Months Initial Aging 53 Gallon New Charred American Oak, 273 Days Sauternes Finish
- State of Distillation: Wisconsin, USA (Driftless Glen)
- Mashbill: 60% Corn, 20% Rye, 20% Malted Barley
- Info: Cask Strength, Unfiltered, No Additives, No Coloring
Labeling: Custom r/Bourbon Labeling On Bottle
- Tasting Notes: The second Sauternes release develops pleasantly on the foundation laid by the first. With an extra 10 weeks in Sauternes, the big, rich, wine notes continue to develop while more tannin works into the whiskey. Honey, caramel candies, sweet pear and apple, a touch of ginger, lovely buttercream and a touch of creme brulee and warm pastry develop with more sweet oak and a softening of the ABV. Rich pound cake, this embodies the lovely citrus + sweet + brulee notes I love in a great Sauternes, and it drinks incredibly rich and easy. The viscosity is rich and viscous, the proof hides behind the buttercream and brulee. Indulgent, to say the least.