New Riff #16087 Single Barrel Rye r/Bourbon Private Selection
This product is currently sold out.
New Riff Single Barrel, Barrel Proof, Rye Whiskey r/Bourbon Private Selection
- ABV: 54.6% ABV
- Age: 4 Years, 3 Months (Distilled January 2019, bottled March 2023)
- State of Distillation: Kentucky, USA (New Riff)
- Bottling State: Kentucky, USA (New Riff)
- Mashbill: 95% Rye, 5% Malted Rye
- Info: Cask Strength, Unfiltered, No Additives, No Coloring
- Labeling: Customized r/Bourbon Label Strip on Bottle
- Tasting Notes: We sort of agonized over this selection - thankfully I was joined by three great redditors. There was a barrel in the mix that was very traditional rye, but it felt a little one noted and it had a crispy, sort of burnt wood finish. Another was a creamy rye that impressed but had so much ethanol to it, I wondered for a moment if I had accidentally had jalapenos for breakfast (I hadn't). This cask was a beautiful, fruity rye on the nose and palate that turned into a long winded, brown butter, classic rye spice dream on the finish. The nose is all apple, pears, honey, baking spice, caramel candies and a pop of pepper. The palate is full of maple, brown butter, rich tobacco, a hint of sweet fruit and cream and then a long, bold finish. Really impressive viscosity and just the right amount of oak. Now I can make jokes about when we'll get a 5yr, 6yr, 7yr to their staff next. I'm sure they'll love it.