NULU AB5 62% 8 Year Bourbon Experimental Cask Series Apple Brandy Finish
This product is currently sold out.
- ABV: 62% ABV
- Age: 6yr initial aging, 2.5 year Copper & Kings Apple Brandy Cask Finish
- State of Distillation: Indiana, USA (MGP)
- Bottling State: Kentucky, USA (NULU)
- Mashbill: 60% Corn, 36% Rye, 4% Malted Barley
- Info: Cask Strength, Unfiltered, No Additives, No Coloring
- Tasting Notes: The nose on this barrel brings with it tons of maple, sweet cream, vanilla bean, peach cobbler and warm apple crumble. The tannin shows through with more notes of baking spice: clove, nutmeg, a hint of cinnamon. Apple integrates well, showing plenty of oak dryness and pleasant complexity from the tannins. With as long as this finished, I'm thankful there's a good deal of extra oak here, it's holding together a really complex profile that needs dryness and structure to balance the heavy caramel and vanilla bean sweetness of the bourbon with the apple and savory baking spice profile of the brandy. The finish is incredible, its one of the longest finishes I've encountered on a bourbon and while most finishes remain a continuation of the palate of a bourbon, this one carries through more funky tobacco, rich maple, and apple notes that ebb and flow. I took home the last few ounces from our tasting earlier this week and have had a pour each night, and each night it's a different, complex, evolution of maple, warm apple crisp, tobacco and savory baking spice. Unreal stuff and a big hats off to Nulu on this one.