NULU B629 Maple Finished Bourbon r/Bourbon Private Barrel Selection
This product is currently sold out.
Last but not least is an old favorite of the program, ramped up and boldened with additional age. The best part? The price hasn't changed a bit since our younger NULU Maple finish from March of this year. This release features the 21% MGP mashbill and finishing in a maple barrel. The result features NULU's longest maple finish to date with a spicy, oaky tapestry of base whiskey.
- Distilled: Indiana, USA (MGP)
- Aged In: Indiana & Kentucky
- Bottled: Kentucky, USA (NULU)
- ABV: 58.2% ABV
- Age: 7 Years + 15 Month Maple Cask Finish
- Mashbill: 75% Corn, 21% Rye, 4% Malted Barley
- Details: Barrel Proof, No Coloring, No Filtering, Single Barrel
- Labeling: Custom r/Bourbon Front Labeling
- Tasting Notes: Once again, spicy and rambunctious base bourbon is the trick to a balanced release. The addition of extra oak and baking spice from an extra year of aging helps dramatically when balancing the sweetness of the bourbon finished for more than a year in a barrel that once held maple syrup. The nose is opulent and rich, crossing heavy pepper, rich tobacco, a touch of candied ginger and rich, natural maple sweetness. This year I got to walk through the sugar shack where WhistlePig processes maple sap into maple sugar and that experience reminds me of the nose on this NULU. The palate is bold, layered, a touch chewy that really shows off the richness of the maple. The high proof helps balance the sweetness here as does an extra dash of oak and pepper. There's some blackberry, dry spice from the oak, a pop of pepper and a final, eternal, finish dominated by old cigar tobacco, maple syrup and waffle cone. Opulent.