NULU R194 Double Oaked PX Finished Rye Experimental Rye #4 r/Bourbon Private Barrel Selection
This product is currently sold out.
- ABV: 59.5% ABV
- Age: 6 Years + 14mo Finish Time
- State of Distillation: Indiana, USA (MGP)
- Bottling State: Louisville, Kentucky (NULU)
- Mashbill: 95% Rye Mashbill
- Cask: PX Sherry Finish
- Info: Cask Strength, Unfiltered, No Additives, No Coloring
- Labeling: Custom R/Bourbon labeling on bottle
- Tasting Notes: Monster nose, packed with sweet and funky rye: brown sugar, blackberry jam, rich tobacco and a hint of clove. Plenty of pleasant oak, balancing the initial sweetness elegantly. The proof makes for a rich mouthfeel, complex and layered. Holding on to this ABV through the finishing was awesome to see. The PX swings in adding stewed fruits, red berries, a hint of cocoa, raisin character, a cola twist. Huge finish, it’s all rye spice, maple, black and blue berries, a touch of pepper and a long long long dry finish to see it off.