NULU Toasted Four Grain r/Bourbon Private Selection Custom Blend
This product is currently sold out.
- ABV: 59.3% ABV
- Age: 5 Years (Blend of 5 and 6 year barrels)
- State of Distillation: Indiana, USA (MGP)
- Bottling State: Kentucky, USA (NULU)
- Info: Cask Strength, Unfiltered, No Additives, No Coloring
- Labeling: Customized r/Bourbon Label Strip on Bottle
- Tasting Notes: Toasting typically introduces an extra dash of sweetness, and I'm thankful there's a stiff 36% rye component here. This pour is on lock, starts rich and sweet like its predecessor, full of maple, sweet cream and honey. The palate is where the show unfolds: waffle batter, honey, vanilla cream and buttercream meet toasty oak: cinnamon, a hint of root beer, an extra dash of butter cream and a light mashmallow note. Toasting adds in a bit more sweet and savory oak rather than bitter, drying oak: the finish is full of brown sugar, sticky toffee, maple candies, sweet oak and funky rye spice, clove and currant.