Old Elk Rum Cask Finished Rye Single Barrel #1015 r/Bourbon Private Selection
This product is currently sold out.
- ABV: 59.35% ABV
- Display Age: 5 Years 9 Months Initial Aging, 10 Months Rhum JM Martinique Rum Cask Finish
- State of Distillation: Indiana, USA (MGP)
- Bottling State: Colorado, USA (Old Elk)
- Mashbill: 95% Rye, 5% Malted Barley (95/5 MGP Mashbill)
- Info: Cask Strength, Unfiltered, No Additives, No Coloring
- Labeling: Custom R/Bourbon labeling on bottle + Cosmic Rye sticker
- Tasting Notes: Rye and tropical fruit greet you on the nose: apples, mango and pear pop with candied oranges, maple sugar, brown butter and some tobacco spice. Light oak on the nose, it's a tempting combination that balances sweet, spice, oak and fruit. The palate is rich and powerful, the nearly 60% ABV pulls together an incredible combination once more, this time kicking off with rye spice, brown butter, fruity funk, hefty oak and a touch of cracked pepper, clove and spice. The rhum influence here lays back a touch, letting rye spring forward first and then accenting with rich demerara sugars, candied orange, apple and mango. The finish is long and robust, herbal and full of rye spice, dense oak and one final pop of brown butter and demerara sugar.