Starlight 21-2293-2 Rye VDN Finish Single Barrel r/Bourbon Private Barrel Selection
This product is currently sold out.
Starlight Extended Finished Rye VDN Finish Single Barrel r/Bourbon Private Barrel Selection
- ABV: 108.6pf
- Age: 5 Years initial aging, 14mo VDN finish
- State of Distillation: Indiana, USA (Starlight Distillery)
- Bottling State: Indiana, USA (Starlight Distillery)
- Info: Cask Strength, Unfiltered, No Additives, No Coloring
- Labeling: Custom r/Bourbon Labeling On Bottle
- Tasting Notes: The nose is heavy rye with a touch of orange peel. It reminds me of some of my favorite Russell's ryes in that it weaves together maple, rich rye grain, and a touch of orange peel. The rye commands the nose, letting the wine peek through at times. The palate is viscous and complex, rye forward at first, giving way after a moment on your palate to orange peel, honey, a touch of clove, a hint of apple, fig, currant, and a hint of cinnamon. The barrel char steps in as the sweetness blossoms, and there's some tannin on your back palate that keeps the whiskey dry and balanced. I notice the ethanol far less on this barrel compared to our other two, and the finish carries long and intense, full of honey, orange peel, a pleasant tannic dryness and a pop of ginger, cocoa and butter cream as the finish sneaks away.