Traverse City Whiskey Company 8 Year Single Barrel Rye r/Bourbon Private Selection
This product is currently sold out.
- ABV: 50.2% ABV
- Display Age: 8 Years
- State of Distillation: Indiana, USA (MGP)
- Bottling State: Michigan, USA (Traverse City)
- Mashbill: 95% Rye, 5% Malted Barley (MGP 95/5 Recipe)
- Info: Cask Strength, Unfiltered, No Additives, No Coloring
- Labeling: Custom R/Bourbon plaque labeling on bottle
- Tasting Notes: Packed with brown sugar and creme brulee on the nose, it doesn't take long for that familiar 95/5 rye spice to join in the mix. Very faintly herbal, tobacco and brown sugar meet rye spice, cracked pepper and a faint touch of graham cracker on the nose. There's plenty of oak, it's dry, complex, bold. The palate continues this theme, viscous and layered, really decadent mouthfeel. Where the prickle of ethanol usually sits, brown butter, waffle cone, rich cigar tobacco and blackberry takes center stage instead. Rye spice and bold oak continue throughout the palate and lead to a long, drawn out finish that's rich and bold, dry and oaky, full of spice and sweet brown sugar, without a trace of ethanol. One of the richest ryes I've had in this age range.