WhistlePig Piggyback 6yr Rye r/Bourbon Private Barrel Selection
This product is currently sold out.
- ABV: 53.26% ABV
- Age: 6 Years 6 Months
- State of Distillation: Vermont, USA (WhistlePig)
- Bottling State: New York, USA (WhistlePig)
- Info: Cask Strength, Unfiltered, No Additives, No Coloring
- Labeling: Customized r/Bourbon Badge + Ryedration Lite sticker
- Tasting Notes: Rich on the nose with pounds of sweet caramel, rich and peppery rye, a hint of orange peel and loads of maple and herbal kick. The palate is mellow and viscous, I'm impressed how complex it presents with each feature on the nose dialed up on the palate. It's punchy rye at first, giving way slowly to a pinch of citrus, ginger, honey, maple and a punch of black pepper. Long finish, herbal rye spice, brown sugar and a final hint of pepper and citrus see this one off. While I wouldn't advocate that you use all of a $60 bottle on cocktails, I have to say, it makes a killer manhattan.