KO Distilling #18-0448 Bare Knuckle Bourbon r/Bourbon Private Barrel Selection
This product is currently sold out.
- Distilled: Virginia, USA (KO Distilling)
- Aged In: Virginia, USA (KO Distilling)
- Bottled: Virginia, USA (KO Distilling)
- ABV: 59% ABV
- Age: 5 Years 11 Months (59 Months)
- Barrel #: #18-0448
- Mashbill: 70% Corn, 20% Wheat, 10% Malted Barley - All Virginia Grain
Details: Barrel Proof, No Coloring, No Filtering, Single Barrel, All Virginia Grain
- Labeling: Custom r/Bourbon Side Label
- Tasting Notes: Bold and powerful nose, there's cola, bold oak, sweet cream, luxardo cherry, some vanilla and nougat. The palate is rich and layered, its got a pop of ethanol up front that smooths out nicely after a moment, giving way to more cola, cherry, cream and a really big toffee caramel character. What really impressed me about this particular barrel is how heavy and rich on the palate it is, without being a hugely dry oaky bomb. The finish is moderate in length, focuses on light oak, caramel and a touch of espresso, more cola and cherry and a final vanilla character as a send off.